Job Title: Senior Systems Operations Analyst
Duration: 6 months
Heitmeyer Consulting is seeking a Sr. Systems Operations Analyst for our client in the financial services industry. He/she provides Level 1 and Level 2 support for client-facing systems and applications running on mainframes, networks and internet applications. Part of a 7×24 team that performs monitoring and operational management functions for associated hardware and software within the processing environment. Maintains peak performance at full capacity for all systems. Follows new/improved work procedures where appropriate; tests and implements program and/or systems changes; responds to processing problems and exercises sound judgment to make client impacting processing adjustments; manages client requests
- Drives issue resolution by making critical decisions that may impact multiple clients’ processing.
- Proactively investigates known and unknown error conditions and follows prescribed error correction procedures when they apply.
- Recognizes abnormal processing conditions, and makes appropriate response decisions.
- Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve errors in a timely manner.
- Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors and identifies/implements documentation gaps.
- Recognize and implement/automate process enhancements.
- Monitors and responds accordingly to an array of system and application generated messages.
- Responds in a timely manner to questions and requests from incoming calls and incident tickets.
- Proactively maintains contact with clients, and serves as client advocate to internal organizations.
- Analyzes problems/trends with client’s systems and applications, and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
- Works on internal and external projects of various sizes, complexity.
- Contributes to existing and develops new solution approaches to the IT environment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience creating user process documentation
- PDS & Application Datasets: Ability to ready, copy, create appropriately as needed
- Understanding and function use of SDSF options
- TSO/CA7/Easytrieve and Endevor
- Report lists
- Report Summary
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to achieve the desired end result
General Required Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial services products and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial services industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of mainframe and/or open systems operating systems
- Knowledge of clients’ objectives/business priorities and the organization's role in achieving them
- Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources that encompass mainframe processing.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to deal with predefined deadlines
- Ability to analyze all system processing delays, failures and errors to determine the appropriate action necessary for resolution
- Ability to use troubleshooting applications and tools for first and second level issues
- Ability to use and reference system related documentation
- Create Delimited Datasets
- Keyed reads
High school diploma or GED with applicable technical certifications and/or equivalent experience required for entry into the job family. Higher levels of the job family may require an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level. Refer to the appropriate job level description for specific education and work experience requirements.
- Advanced professional role.
- Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency.
- Provides second (2nd) level support for production issues and changes affecting internal and/or external clients.
- Manages issues through the issue lifecycle.
- Provides support of sales activities.
- Performs work as a project lead or project team member for technical or operational projects.
- Conducts status checks with clients and internal team to assess progress against project plan.
- Updates project plan and/or documentation as needed. Identifies and defines business requirements for major projects, new systems/applications, policy changes or related projects.
- Performs troubleshooting and diagnoses of system/application problems.
- Communicates with internal teams and/or clients regarding problem solving, testing, and related activities. Offers constructive solutions to client’s problems; effectively communicates rationale for decisions/solutions.
- Participates in disaster recovery/business recovery testing as needed; documents test results and/or modifications required for future events.
- Maintains disaster recovery/business recovery plan as needed.
- Develops large and/or complex solutions that require some analysis and research.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert.
- Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical processing environments and in-depth systems knowledge in at least one business area.
- Coaches and mentors more junior production/operations support staff.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Moderate latitude for independent judgment within the context of affected stakeholders.
- Requires an Associate’s degree in business, computer science or an equivalent discipline; or an equivalent level of education and work experience.
- Typically requires four or more years of production/operations support experience.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.