Job Title: Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Duration: 6 months, Contract to Hire
Heitmeyer Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. BSA for our client in the financial services industry. The Business Systems Analyst will elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Ensures that the changes made by programmers are correct. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met. Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Reports and reviews testing results.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- May mentor, guide, advise and or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Key Required Skills
- Ability to create/document technical requirements at a feature and story level in Rally
- Ability to create/document flow diagrams for both data and process
- Strong SQL skills (including use of DBVisualizer) for manipulating data in databases (DB2, Oracle)
- Testing experience
- Knowledge of AWS technologies, Java, ETL and Cobol
- Experience with Autosys and scheduling tools
- Retirement Services Industry Experience
- Candidate should have strong problem solving/analytical skills, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience on agile development teams (writing user stories, user acceptance criteria, testing and releases)
- Candidate should also have relational database (Oracle, DB2) and transact sql experience as this is needed for data analysis, software testing and root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools – Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented and thorough in completing tasks
- Ability to work independently and intuitive ability to prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well in fast-paced team environment
- Desire to learn new applications
- Ability to document technical requirements at a feature level through coordination with other team resources (product analysts, developers, sdets, etc.) as well as outside teams.
- Ability to create stories in Rally and review with team during refinement and planning sessions.
- Ability to document flow diagrams, use cases, test scenarios, test plan, test cases, requirement traceability matrix and execute testing.
- Ability to research and respond timely to inquiries into the team. Many of these inquiries are related to user activity and are time sensitive. Onshore US EST hours would be required to support.
- Strong SQL skills
- Very detail oriented.
- Can assess risk and escalate as appropriate.
- Takes the initiative to bring forward opportunities for team and/or product
- Knowledge of financial services products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- 7 or more years of experience as a technical analyst
- 4 or more years of experience working in an agile environment on an agile team.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in the Rally Agile software tool
- Experience with DBVisualizer
- Must be highly flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of retirement services industry
- Preferred: Testing experience
- Preferred: Familiarity with TRP RPS plan data stores (DB2, ACS, etc.)
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.