Heitmeyer is seeking a Senior Java Developer with strong Kafka and Microservices development experience to join its west coast banking client who is implementing a new tool built on Kafka that will provide architecture capabilities. This role requires to be on-site 3 days a week (hybrid model) in their San Francisco office.
This individual’s key responsibilities include performing issue analysis and providing solution on Kafka application, providing regular issue updates to required stakeholders, performing tuning, and assist with MDM strategy, process design, and high-level architecture requirement. Additionally, this person will be collaborating with various technical, and business users, and offshore team for Development, QA, and Operations Support.
- 9+ years of overall experience in IT with strong background in Java based application development
- 2 years of Kafka development experience with Kafka streaming, Kafka connect, Kafka APIs and KSQL
- 2 years of Microservices development experience
- Experience in SOAP/Rest API development
- Experience in Spring Boot based development
- Strong with SQL Server/Oracle, SQL & PL/SQL (Slicing and Dicing Data)
- Understanding of MDM
- Working experience with GitHub
- Excellent analysis, debugging and trouble-shooting skills, and persistence in problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills (nice-to-have):
- Financial services domain experience
- Container-based platforms experience, e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker
- UNIX shell scripting experience
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.