Job Title: XE Xpress TA Programmer/ Mainframe Programmer
Duration: 6 months
Reviews, analyzes, develops, installs, modifies, maintains and/or supports major subsystem software components in a large computing environment across multiple production data centers
- Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
- Installs, maintains and supports operating system and/or its components and subsystems.
- Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components.
- Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software amends, performance, and resource consumption.
- Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software.
- 24×7 support for operating systems and ancillary software.
- Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- XE Xpress TA Mainframe programmer that has previous work experience with programming and testing the FIS Touchpoint "TP" Xpress application.
- Must have previous hands on work experience with these FIS applications.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by the client
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Advanced professional role requiring extensive skill and proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to mentor others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Typically requires a minimum of 8 to 10 years programming experience in a technical environment.
Heitmeyer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to minority status, gender, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.