Top 3 Skills:
1. 4+ years Hadoop Administration
2. 4+ years development of ingestion framework
3. 3+ years Python
AWS is future state. So any AWS experience is preferred.
6-month Contract to Hire
- Migrating data lake and data science process and platforms into AWS from Cloudera
- They are currently working on Horton works Hadoop platform
- They will be using EMR, lambda, cloud formation, and cloud watch as primary skill sets
- This has been open internally since January
- Looking for someone familiar with Hadoop and someone with experience with AWS and data lakes specifically
- The team does not have a lot of cloud experience, they are learning on the fly
- This is an opportunity for someone to help build things
You will lead the administration and maintenance of Hadoop and open source tools. You will also play an important role in setup, capacity planning, monitoring and performance tuning for Hadoop & Open Source infrastructure. You will also be responsible for upgrades and patching of the environment.
The administrator will need to have an in-depth knowledge of Hadoop administration, installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of Hadoop services.
The administrator should have strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce and data ingestion concepts. Need to have experience setting up and administration of hadoop clusters using ambari admin console. Deep understanding and experience with Horton Works or Cloudera Hadoop stack is required. Need to have substantial expertise and experience with Hive, Hbase, Storm, Flume, Spark and kafka required. Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, spark, java, R & Python Packages is desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to work in a team environment under limited supervision is needed.